The tuna fish diet has been seen in the dieting industry for decades. Tested, tried and proven the tuna diet is high in protein and low in fat and carbohydrates. The recipe guarantees success in those who follow it closely.
Review: Tuna Fish Diet
To quickly cut the fat, athletes and body builders have been using the tuna diet for years. The process involves adhering to a strict diet plan for three days that involves tuna fish.
The success rate is high when the plan is strictly followed. Athletes have used the diet to get quick results and dieters have used the tuna fish plan for weight loss and rid the puffiness one feels from bloating.
Best Canned Tuna Diet Tips
- Stick to the plan
- Drink water with every meal
- Remain on the diet for at least three days
While there are some minimal variations to the diet, it is best to stick with the plan for at least three days to rid any water retention. Successful results can be obtained when the plan is adhered to. The canned tuna diet provides a plan high in protein and low in carbohydrates which is a good combination to get rid of bloating.
Tuna Fish Diet Plan
With so many diets on the market today it is interesting that the tuna fish diet is still in existence. So many plans come and go but few stand the test of time. The diet plan is as follows:
- Breakfast – Consume one-half grapefruit and a slice of whole grain toast. Toast may or may not contain one tablespoon of peanut butter. Water or coffee may be consumed, but avoid milk and sugar.
- Lunch – Consume half-cup tuna on toast or whole grain bread. No milk or sugar. Tea can also be consumed on the tuna fish diet plan.
- Dinner – Three ounces of tuna should be the main course. One cup of greens and one cup of carrots may be added. Drink options should include water, tea or coffee.
- Dessert – Contrary to popular belief dessert can be eaten on the tuna salad diet. Dessert should consist of one apple or one cup of vanilla ice cream.
The diet plan has been compared to the Dean Ornish diet plan in that the low amounts of sugar and fat help promote heart health. A plan low in fat and high in protein is good for the body and mind.
Whether you are trying to lose a significant amount of weight or get leaner before a weight lifting competition the tuna fish diet can provide the results you are trying to achieve. The high protein and low fat diet offers a recipe for success.